On the evening of May 6, 1957, during a City of Graysville Council meeting Mayor Truman Cox read a letter from the Railroad Company to the city in reference to the depot station. The letter gave authorization to the City of Graysville to proceed with the necessary actions to remove the depot building from its premises. The council authorized Gary Blackburn to remove the building. It was instructed that any reusable materials were to be saved and used to build a concession stand at the City Park. Within a few short months, the lot was completely cleared of the old depot. It is believed that the depot sat near the railroad back behind the present-day location of the Dollar General Store in Graysville.