The Spivey United Methodist Church is located at 3680 Blythe Ferry Road in Dayton. The original church affiliation was Methodist Episcopal. The church was organized in the late 1800’s. The property where the church stands was deeded to the trustees in 1899 to J.A. Kelly, King Banks and Haliday Spivey, the trustees of the Methodist Episcopal Church and their successors in office by George W. Spivey . The church has been located on this same property throughout the years..The church is under the direction of Pastor Bill Ewing.